Australia, its history and interesting information
A brief history
Human beings are considered to have arrived in Australia concerning 40,000 years ago from Southeast Asia. They are the very first residents, called aborigines and they have descendant still these days ( More on visa for Australia from usa ). The population was around a million prior to the European settlement and today around 350,000 people stay in Australia.The Dutch sighted Australia in 1606 as the British landed in 1688. But it was Captain James Cooks maiden voyage that claimed the land for Great Britain. A British colony was set up in 1788 with about 161,000 English convicts sent and settled there. Former prisoners and free settlers established six colonies which grew to become states later on. In 1901 these colonies were federated into the Commonwealth of Australia and a constitution was introduced that incorporated the US federal traditions and also British parliamentary.
A few exciting information about Australia
Australia is counted one of the most exceptional places on the planet. Right from the crazy Aussie laws, that might still exist, to the odd wild life, this continent is stuffed with odd and incredible things. Although you might have heard about a few of the Australia facts, you may find here something new. So here are some interesting facts about Australia
- 1. About 80% of Australian creatures are one of a kind – A few of the fascinating animals on earth can be found in Australia that includes marsupials, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, and a variety of birds. You will find them in zoos or parks and can even find them in the wild.
- 2. The huge rock Uluru extends up to 2.5 km underground – Uluru is holy to the aboriginal tribes and has been listed by UNESCO as a heritage site. Extremely about 2.5 km of this rock is thought to be underground and connected to the Olgas which emerges 16 milesaway.
- 3. More than 60 wine regions – Going to Australia and not drinking wine may not be a good idea, although with such a wide range it will be difficult to choose among them. There are several vineyards stretched over the continent and you can reach those places to relish the unique landscape.
- 4. Biggest eco-system in the world – The Great Barrier Reef is made up of about 2500 reefs which are noticeable from space. Scuba diving and snorkeling among the turtles and vibrant fishes are the major highlights for a trip to Australia.
- 5. More snow than Swiss Alps – While lots of people visit Australia for fantastic beaches, skiing enthusiasts go to the Australian Alps. Snowfall starts in June and continues till September which makes the area ideal for skiing.
- 6. Worlds biggest sand island – The sandy shores are the highlight of Fraser Island, so jump on a boat and explore the delights of this heaven. It fantastic to spot a dingo and this island has about 150 of them. Keep a safe distance since they are wild and aggressive.
- 7. Worlds greatest war memorial – Picturesque and amazing views along the way will get you enthralled while driving on the Great Ocean Road. The road was built as a memorial by the soldiers returning to their land after World War – 1.
So these were some of the interesting details of Australia and if you would like to experience more of such wonderful things, pack your bag and pay a visit to this fantastic place.